CPRS Physical Therapy is currently seeking PRN Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants to provide inpatient coverage for an acute care hospital in West Grove, PA. CPRS Physical Therapy is an Employee Owned Outpatient Private Practice that offers a competitive rate. For immediate consideration, please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 717.692.4715. EOE
· Must be a graduate of an accredited COTA program and licensed and Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant or eligible for licensure in the state of employment.
· Clinical experience is required.
· Participation in continuing clinical education is required.
· Possess strong clinical skills/knowledge and the ability to direct self and staff through all aspects of a basic treatment plans.
· Strong interpersonal skills are recommended.
· Maintains current CPR certification.
· Executive management reserves the right to review an individual’s qualifications on a case by case basis.
The qualified individual is responsible for but not limited to: patient care under the direction and plan of a licensed Occupational Therapist. The licensed COTA or OTA may practice limited OT under the clinical supervision of the licensed OT. The supervision requires, at a minimum, for the licensed OT to provide initial direction; periodic on-site supervision; and an annual evaluation of performance. Additional supervision is needed for
a. Experienced and competence of COTA or OTA
b. Change in clients medical status, and
c. Complexity of treatment program.
Other responsibilities include attendance and participation in staff meetings, in-services, program development, quality improvement activities and marketing responsibilities for the clinic as delegated by Clinic Manager. Initiates and maintains open lines of communication between Management, the Support Staff, clients, referral sources and community members.
Specific Functions and Duties:
· Performs physical demands of the position including:
o Sitting up to 4-8 hours per day
o Walking up to 1-4 hours per day
o Standing up to 1-4 hours per day
o Lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs.
o Bending, stooping, twisting and reaching with entire body/arms/legs up to 50 times per day
o Handling materials 1-30 times per day
o Climbing and balancing 1-10 times per day
· Performs and executes specific treatment protocols under the direction and supervision of licensed Occupational Therapist.
· Demonstrates and promotes a working knowledge of the CPRS Mission Statement, Core Values and Goals and strives for their achievement.
· A working knowledge and compliance in all Policies and Procedures as outlined in the CPRS Policy and Procedure Manual.
· Ensures compliance to Medicare, Corporate Compliance and HIPAA guidelines.
· Ensures that only appropriate Administrative approved forms / documents and policies for clinical operations are followed.
· Maintains flexibility in adjustment of Clinic Scheduling needs and accommodates for evenings, Vacation and Holiday schedules.
· Ensures timely submission of and appropriate forms including but not limited to: PTO Request, Time Sheets, Mileage/Expense Reports and Requests for Continuing Ed in correspondence with Employee Handbook.
· Maintains confidentiality of client records. .
· Provides ongoing supervision to support staff including but not limited to, Therapy aides, students and volunteers.
· Documentation is recorded accurately and completed on a timely basis.
· Documentation corresponds to services provided and billing is defensible by documentation of appropriate time and services.
· Documentation is in compliance to guidelines set forth by company policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates strong team player attributes in the development of clinical operational procedures/protocols.
· Demonstrates and fosters a positive attitude and a professional working environment.
· Demonstrate the ability to be team player and a role model for support staff.
· Possess strong problem solving skills and demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and positive rapport with administration, clients, referral sources, and staff and community members.
· Demonstrate a strong customer service philosophy, which promotes positive customer relations.
· Participates in student and volunteer programs within the clinic as outlined in the Student & Volunteer Program Descriptions.
· Develops Annual Goals and Objectives with input from the Clinic Manager as needed.
· Strives to maintain open, effective professional communication and a positive working relationship with the Clinic Manager and staff.
· Has access to the entire medical record for the purposes of treatment, payment and healthcare operations.
· Participates in data collection for Quality Assurance/Compliance at direction of Clinic Manager.
· Complies with emergency protocols for the clinic including, but not limited to, fire drills, AED location and use, weather related events and staff communication for emergency scheduling changes.
· Maintains a safe accessible and clean working environment.
· Maintains an active COTA license in the state of PA and provides copy of current to Administrative Office in a timely manner.
· Participates in marketing and community events as directed by Clinic Manager/Executive Management.
· Provides updated resume/Curriculum Vitae annually for personnel folder.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.